we're back with another remote-friendly Ruby User Group! The time is 19:00 CEST so that's 17:00 UTC or well 5pm UTC.
You're welcome wherever you're from as long as you adhere to our Code of Conduct - the meetup is in English.
Current schedule is two ~20min talks including Q&A, followed by splitting the audience into smaller groups for virtually hanging out (optional) :)
Joining the meetup
The meetup will be on zoom and it will be recorded
Zoom link/credentials follows in time for meetup -
if you don't want your video to be visible to others, then turn it off/leave it off
if you can't make it/don't want to be on zoom, watch the recording!
We're aware of the privacy concerns surrounding zoom and we share them. We're looking for better tools, we haven't found them yet.
Meanwhile, if you don't want to use the desktop client the zoom browser link above should work for you. If it doesn't you can usually get to it like this: the join link should also show a tiny "join from browser" link at the bottom of the window. It doesn't appear to require an account anymore. If the link doesn't show up, open the "Download and Install Zoom" link in a separate tab, that should make the link appear. Dark UI patterns 😖
Participating in the meetup
- We'll take Q&A questions in Zoom via the "raise hand" feature (click on participants, there's a little raise hand link)
- There is also a #rugb-live channel in the Ruby Berlin Slack, you can join the slack here
- the "socializing" part is optional, naturally, our aim is to not lose that part of our meetup - we'll try to use Zoom's breakout feature to split you into random groups and give you some ice breaker questions to kick it off
Your feedback is very welcome. Things will go wrong, we'll try to fix them.
Looking forward to see y'all Rubyists from Berlin and maybe all over the world.
Amr, Pascal & Tobi
Usergroups need engaging People. If you think some Topic is missing, or you want to have more Infos on something, you are encouraged to add it to our Wishlist. If you have an Idea for a Talk or anything else add it here to get instant Feedback of the Ruby / Rails Community.Add a Topic
- How we kill people: What if we brought Safety into Software
- Developing a security mindset
- StimulusJS: A modest JS framework for the HTML you already have
- Thomas Edison vs Three Teslas in a Trenchcoat
- Let's build a point of sale system, with a Vue or two!
- The Lost Art of Single File Ruby Programs
- Developer Mental Health & Mental Development
- Git In My SQL's Stead
- Stories in Open Source
- All Topics
The Ruby Usergroup Berlin is a usergroup, group of interest or just a bunch of people loving Ruby. Get in contact with us at our next meetup! Newbees are always welcome.
Dajana @ 🏠 👶🏻
Andrew France 🤦🏻♂️
These are the Locations our usergroup usually takes place.
A lot of the Members of the Ruby Usergroup are working there too and we love to see new faces around.