Shipping Ruby on public cloud infrastructure
In the past years I have been building Cloud infrastructures. A LOT of cloud infrastructures. And I would like to publish my latest findings and work stories with experiences and best practices for Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services.
In particular I would love to make the audience aware of the latest and greatest when it comes to Cloud infrastructure offerings. I have seen many applications that are mis-aligned or carry unnecessary code, because they miss out on what Cloud infrastructure providers have to offer.
Learn how to
- Use containers to deploy ruby applications in a deterministic way
- Use cloud schedulers instead of Resque or Sidekiq
- Use Google Cloud IAP to eliminate the need for "AdminUser"
- Safely deploy
web-consolein production (do not kill me for this)
- Use cloud build systems to simply and safely ship your application
- Why you will not need Kubernetes
- How to build a multi-environment infrastructure from scratch
- Stop using Service Account keys, why you only need IAM
I run https://www.parlant.co, a company that specializes in Agile Development and Cloud Architecture. In the talk I will mention the use of Terraform modules that are available for free with a donation model.
Note: I can only give this talk after September 2023. I cannot attend the Sep 7 event.